Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, September 11, 2023

What Happens When You Wear Long Pants


Of course, for you serious people, I'll tell you I'm joking. But, you know that since I wore long pants the 3.6 miles of real trail were in nice shape- no weeds, berry bushes, etc.
trail in woods


Lots of beautiful fall wildflowers. This is goldenrod and Joe Pye weed.
goldenrod and joe pye weed


I do get to show you a perfect example of one of my biggest pet peeves. The trail forks, and the blaze is right in the middle between the two!
blazed tree


There was one other little piece of off-road trail, and the long pants were a good thing there. The blazes disappeared and we followed flagging tape that turned out to be not the trail. Stumbling through a field of bindweed and asters was better with long pants.

Finally, we were headed down the road, literally down, to Cattaraugus Creek.
Bolton Rd


And when we crossed the creek (on a road bridge) we were done for the day.
Cattaraugus Creek


We did 9.4 miles (about 4 in the woods and 5.4 on trail), and we were both pretty tired. Another hilly day, but I think not as much elevation change as yesterday.

Conservation Trail, 9.4 miles, Felton Hill Rd to Cattaraugus Creek.

See On the Conservation Trail

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yep, that's what would have happened to me if I had worn the long pants too.