Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter - Day 138

  We awoke to this. And, it stayed cold all day. I suddenly felt better about deciding to take the day off. snow on car

I really wanted to go to church for Easter. We found a church 5 minutes away. No matter that the service time was posted wrong. We weren't very late! The interior was beautiful. church interior

It was spring inside the church at least. spring flowers

I liked one thing the pastor said today. "Without Easter no one ever would have heard about Jesus. He would just be another forgotten agitator who was executed by the Roman Empire."

And at the end of the sermon he said, "May you celebrate the joy of resurrection." And the sun suddenly shone through the stained glass windows!

We did some restful things and bought a few things I needed. (I would prefer not to shop on Easter, but I can't take two days off in a row.) Tomorrow I hike!

See Genesee River

5 comments:

Ellie said...

It looks looks like a lovely small church. I am sure that the the sun shining at just the right moment was very special.

Ann said...

That is a pretty church. Love all those flowers.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter. I remember a day when you couldn't shop on Easter because everything was closed.

Lin said...

Glad you had a break for Easter...and that you found that beautiful church!

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, everyone! Well, we found a (what else?) Walmart

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Happy Easter, one day late! Wal-Marts seem to be everywhere, don't they?"