Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Genesee River - Day 137

  Crossed the Genesee River today. Yes, the Genesee I've talked about lots on my blog. Usually when visiting Irene, or last year when Marie and I hiked the Letchworth Branch Trail. Genesee River

There were no pictures this morning because it rained so hard I had to keep the camera put away.

After I crossed the Genesee (on a road bridge), the trail climbs what appears to be an esker. esker

Too steep, but the climb was totally worth it for this view of the Genesee Valley. (This is above the Mt. Morris dam.) Genesee Valley view

There were a number of nice scenic views today. I like this one. NY scenic view

Best capture was in the afternoon. The rain stopped and someone was on the hunt. fox

I couldn't just let Carl and Denali escape without spending some time with them. We picked up dinner and took it to where they are camping. We talked about trail conditions and stuff. But this was a long drive from where we are staying. We are beat. We are taking tomorrow off and going to an Easter service. I've only been hiking for 9 days, but we got back here so late that to get ready for a sunrise service and then hiking tomorrow (which was the original plan) just isn't realistic.

Miles today: 15.4. Total miles so far: 1811.9 1800

See Denali

7 comments:

Sally said...

This is my favorite post so far. Thank you for using the word “esker” in such a matter-of-fact way that I was compelled to look it up. Fascinating. I wonder how many eskers I’ve missed appreciating on hikes.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous views - and an excellent capture of the fox. Well done! Hike on! April

Ann said...

Those views are fantastic. Love the picture of the fox. Have a happy Easter.

Bruce Matthews said...

Will you be seeing Irene? Please give her a HUGE Michigan hug from me! Miss her!

Kathie Simpson said...

Happy Easter! Enjoy your well-deserved day of rest after all the rain and mud you've been battling!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Happy Easter! And I know Dada is enjoying the pictures of his old stomping grounds!"

Sharkbytes said...

Sally- I'm glad!

April- just lucky to catch the fox

Ann- Happy Easter to you too!

Bruce- We hope so, but I haven't been able to get her on the phone yet, but I know she's home from AZ

Kathie- ready for more mud tomorrow.

Lulu- Happy Easter to you to, and I think I'm moving closer to Dada's ancient fantasy land daily.