Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, April 11, 2022

Hints of Green - Day 132

  Today was warmer. No snow. Only a little rain. I love the intense green here in Boyce State Forest. moss beneath evergreens

This view across County Rd 17 isn't looking wintery. I like it! New York hills

Little by little the spring wildflowers are starting. Spring Beauty opened here and there. spring beauty

The morning was very difficult with missing trail and lots of mud. Let's talk about something better. I ate lunch at the Boyce Hill Shelter in Boyce Hill State Forest. Boyce Hill Shelter

Great facilities! air conditioned loo

Don't believe it? Here's proof. Boyce Hill latrine

The really nice thing that happened there was that Boy Scout Troop 5 of Buffalo, NY, showed up. They were planning to spend the night there. We talked for a few minutes about the trail, Hike 100, etc. Boy Scout Troop

I'd tell you more, but I'm really tired, and tomorrow is going to be a really hard day. I'm going back to fill in the pieces I had to put on hold because of the closed road.

Miles today: 15.3. Total miles so far: 1732.3.

See Skiing and Swimming?

5 comments:

Kathie Simpson said...

I'll be praying for you as you face a hard day tomorrow. You can do this!! You have already overcome many obstacles and your determination is amazing...keep up the good work!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Hmm, I see the air at the loo, but I'm not sure I see the conditioning!"

Ann said...

First rate amenities with the air conditioned loo...lol

Lin said...

I bet the scouts had a nice visit with you. Love the loo!

Sharkbytes said...

Kathie- I guess the prayers worked. Today wasn't bad at all!

Lulu- Depends on the condition of the sky

Ann- Indeed! The fiberglass ones don't get cold

Lin- These particular scouts may not be too outdoorsy. They seemed underthrilled to be there. :D