Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just a Little Different from Yesterday!

 
Overnight we had a little bit of freezing rain that changed to "powdered sugar" snow. That made every soft flake stick to every surface. Even though the wind picked up this afternoon, the trees are still coated. These are my two favorite pictures from the day.

snow on trees

winter day


I did a lot of writing this afternoon and evening... and if you didn't see Joan Young Begins a New Adventure- Writes First Mystery Novel, feel free to take a peek.

See Cold Magic
if you like this blog, click the +1  

9 comments:

betchai said...

beautiful pictures Sharkbytes, and went to the link, I am so happy for you and all you achieve because you pursue them, you are such an inspiration in writing, and of course, in outdoors too.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Great photos Joan, the trees look wonderful with their overcoats.

wenn said...

indeed u could see something out from the clouds.

Ann said...

That's what it looked like here yesterday. It's always so pretty when the trees are all covered like that.
The sky in that second picture is gorgeous

The Oceanside Animals said...

Winter is a great time for tree photography!

Rick (Ratty) said...

These are indeed very attractive scenes. You probably have more snow than we do right now. It snowed so much here in Iowa last year that there was extensive flooding when spring came. I doubt that's going to be a problem this year.

Lin said...

I love it when the world looks as if it is covered with powder sugar! If only it tasted that way. ;)

rainfield61 said...

I see so much snow at my place too.

The snow is so white but warm on my computer screen.

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- I'm just me... don't make me too special or I'll be sure to disappoint

Carol- even the scraggliest trees and bushes can look beautiful that way

wenn- we just had a little bit of spotty sun in the afternoon

Ann- I'm surprised we got the same storm

Dennis- but you don't seem to have winter in your world

Ratty- not here either. This was only about 2 inches of snow

Lin- I like that too. But it's hard on the trees

rainfield! You are hilarious! It sounds like one of those trick questions... when can snow be hot?