Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Cold Magic

 
The weekend was amazing. I'm home safe and sound with a little sore throat and more tired than seems reasonable. I'm going to get lots of sleep tonight and hopefully hold off whatever that might be all about.

The snow stayed on the trees both days, and although the weather stayed cold, we took many outdoor excursions. I skied, snowshoed, and walked, played games, sang songs and ate way too much!

While looking at the thermometer, keep in mind that this is Fahrenheit.

zero degree thermometer

skier


skier

Here, the weather warmed to almost 40 again today, but we are supposed to get snow tonight, so we may get to keep winter. Just south of us, they are saying rain, however. Great weekend, but now I have tons of work to do.

See A Weekend with Friends
if you like this blog, click the +1  

10 comments:

rainfield61 said...

You have tons of work to do after collecting tons of happiness.

Lin said...

Oh, gees, it is LOVELY out there!! Looks like a great time. Hope you are feeling better.

betchai said...

joy in winter wonderland, hope you feel better Sharkbytes, I especially love the second picture.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I don't think I like it out there when it's so cold. I can usually take the cold pretty good, but on the coldest days I go out just long enough to feed the wood stove right now.

Secondary Roads said...

No snow here last night. It was all rain.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

We finally have snow in my neck of the woods, and some pretty darn "good" cold! I've arrived at a place in life where ~ more often than not ~ I prefer admiring the winter from the cozy confines of my little hut :)

Enjoy the season, take care of yourself and feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Wherever you are XC-skiing looks a winter wonderland, very much unlike what I am experiencing down here.

Ann said...

well look how pretty the snow looks there. much nicer than it does here :)Sure hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
We had 1 degree the other day and 54 today. Right now it's raining and the wind is howling. I hear snow is expected tonight. Could make the morning drive tricky

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- that's the way it works, usually!

Lin- I just feel that not really good not really sick enough to be sick

betchai- I love the woods when they look like that

Ratty- we bundled up and it was fine

Chuck- yuck... rain is icky in Jan

Rose- I still like going out, but not so much when the snow is horizontal, like today

John- it was up on Burt Lake, almost to the Bridge

Ann- that's an amazing temp range... hard for the body to deal with

Reena said...

Just rain here ... but isn't it wonderful sliding through the peace and quiet of those woods!