Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Ralph Revealed!

  The rest of the bell choir people have to wait till Christmas to find out their secret pals. Since today was my last practice with them for a year, I learned who Ralph is, and I also revealed who I was giving gifts to.

Last week I got a bottle of Coke with the message based on "Going on a Bear Hunt:"

"You are going on the "Trail" Hunt!
You're going to find a looong one...
When it's a beautiful day
You'll be sure to find your way...

Oh Oh... is the temp going up???
A humid sticky Heatwave!
Can't go over it,
Can't go under it,
Will have to go through it.

Hot and sweaty 4X

This will refresh you , as you cool off in a bubbly cold stream.

The picture is cactus in a hot desert.
picture of a poem and cactus


Today, Ralph said (I'll just do the different parts):

Oh Oh... getting really tired?

Time to find "Sunny"...
Is he over here??
Is he over there???
Want to keep in contact...

Write the blog 4X

Have a cup of coffee, pamper those tired feet!
Will be following your adventures, unitl your "Trail Hunt" is complete.

The picture is a Christmas tree, and the words "write" and "blog" are scattered around the page.
drawing of a Christmas tree


And Ralph turns out to be Penny Fort. This week there was the smily mug- bright yellow of course, some foot soak salts, and foot cream!

In other news: You know I went to bell choir practice. My final performance (for a year) is this Sunday. I worked on accounts this morning, but was out in the trailer at 10 am. It was a fairly mild day, and tomorrow is going to be even better, so I'm trying to really focus. But I still didn't finish the next project. Cathy came over and helped for a while. We made a decision that involved different hardware, so there was another store stop on the way home from bells, and I had to go to UPS to return some wire baskets that aren't going to work. We'll see if I can make myself do more this evening. I'm feeling just a tiny bit tired.

Still 23 BIG ITEMS to complete- (39 done). 42 small ones to do (34 done). 14 days to go. Two weeks. No time to even think about the scope of what I'm proposing to do... just keeping my head down and working toward being able to leave.

See Who is Ralph?

2 comments:

Ann said...

Penny was quite creative with the gifts and the letters.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- she sure was! She's a teacher and it shows.