Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Lunch with My Veteran

  Thanks to the Applebees free-meal-for-a-vet program, Om and I went out to eat today. old couple

Applebees was displaying their line of US and Service flags. The weather was nasty with a cold wind and rain, but it made the flags stand out! line of flags

Om had the free small steak-- they have a very nice selection of the free meals, and I had a cheeseburger. Every once in a while I get a craving for a burger, so this should hold me for a while. And I'm stuffed.
man in restaurant


In other news: the weather is dictating a change in focus for a few days. I did accounts all morning, worked on food a bit, and fixed the two braces that fell down last night in the trailer. No clue why 5 were fine and 2 were not. Then I put one more layer of resin on the table top and that did get the bad divots out. It's still not perfectly smooth. I'm not sure what the secret is to make that happen. Anyway, it no longer totally annoys me. After we had lunch I did errands and went to stores. Hopefully, I have almost everything for the rest of the snacks now. We'll see. Sue is coming again tomorrow to help, so I want to be ready for her. I plan to load the dehydrator yet tonight. Surprisingly tired, but oh well. Keep chugging.

25 BIG ITEMS to complete- (37 done). Did 4 small ones and added some and 38 small ones to do (32 done). 19 days to go.

See The Local Veteran
See Trailer Table

3 comments:

Ann said...

I was just at Applebee's last weekend. That's awesome that they do that with the free meals.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Happy belated Veterans Day! I would also enjoy a burger!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- they make a really big deal of it, and it is appreciated.

Lulu- I'll just bet you would!