Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Fixing the Gaiters

  You may remember that I bought a pair of gaiters last year. They didn't work well. They also would not fit over my boots. I'm here to tell you that these were either sized wrong or they were supposed to be for a child. My feet are small, and these were difficult to put over sneakers, and just simply impossible to use with the boots.

Anyway, This is no great fix, but it will work. I got these so inexpensively that it was worth trying anything to make them usable. gaiters

What I did was split them up the back and added a gusset. They have neoprene on the lower edge, and I didn't have any- even scraps, so I just made it from cordura nylon. gaiters

The ridiculous toe pockets these came with didn't work at all. They would not stay over my toes. So I just cut those off and added a velcro loop that fastens through the ring at the bottom of the boot laces. If the fabric I left on the top of the toe is too long, it can just be cut off since it's neoprene. gaiters

This was only a small item on the list, but I've been agonizing over it because I had to make it up as I went.

And, let me reiterate... I'm not sure how much I'll use these anyway, but thought I should have the option.

In other news: Great weather today so I tried to maximize trailer time. Ended up doing bookwork and laundry in the morning though, and then had to do store again to get more ingredients for hike food andwhat I needed to solve the newest trailer problem . But the fix did work. I was actually doing trailer work by 1 pm and made good progress this afternoon. I apparently messed up the item count, but I think I've got it right now. I crossed off 2 small items but added more.

25 BIG ITEMS to do (37 done), and 37 small ones to do (24 done). 23 days to go.

See Gaiters

2 comments:

Ann said...

I hope your fix works better for you.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ann- me too!