Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 26, 2021

Test from the Tent

  I set the tent up while it was still light out. That's not cheating I'll usually do that.
It's 25 degrees outside right now. Projected low of 21. I'm inside the tent with my Luci lite on. Works great but I need a little caribiner to make it easier to hang. Here are the things I changed about the sleeping. I sewed the bottom of the bag to elininate the stupid air hole at the bottom. I have wrapped my nylon tarp around the bottom of the bag. I have the cotton/silk liner inside the +15 degree liner. I also have an extra blanket in here if I have to cheat, But I don't want to carry a lot of extra stuff. I took pics a minute ago of the layers. I have to do pictures from my phone for these posts,, They have not appeared in Google photos yet, so that's something to remember. Don't take pictures at the last minute that you want to use. We'll see how tangled I get in the layers. Shucks,.. I'll have to post the pix that prove I'm out here tomorrow. Pics just showed up! Test 2 omplete

7 comments:

Ann said...

You are a brave woman sleeping outside in 20 degree weather.

Lin said...

Can people support you in any way while you are on the trail? I want to support you, but don't know how.

Tuffk said...

Good luck on your long Hike , dont trip on the freezing rain ice we may get later today

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- well, the sleeping bag is supposed to keep me warm. That's the theory.

Lin- asked and answered on FB. Thanks!

Tuf- thank you!

momteacherfriend said...

Joan, you are an inspiration! Looking forward to following your adventure. Best wishes and God speed.

Nevadiva said...

Best wishes for safe travels! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures as you continue to hike along!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "It looks like the test succeeded!"