Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Piping with Monica

  Today's primary focus was to make a start on the trailer cushions. We also managed to do some other things too. No we weren't doing plumbing, or playing the hornpipe, or even a tin whistle. We started by making the piping trim for the cushion edges.

Somehow, I found this hilarious. Monica was pressing open the seams on the tape we'd just made, and as soon as there was a long enough tail to reach the machine, I started sewing the bias tape around the cord at the sewing machine.
making piping for cushions


End result: 43 yards of piping for the cushions nicely coiled in this basket, ready for use.
piping for cushions


We also got 4 of the 8 zippers for the cushions done, added 2 coats of polyurethane to the plywood in the kitchen (just one more to go before bed tonight- I did one this morning as soon as I got up), sorted the backpacking food into tubs by location (One tub that goes in the trailer right away, one that Sue brings in March, and one that will somehow go west with me later- and we also found and had to fix a counting error I had made), transferred a volunteer project to Monica's keeping (so I get to cross off a BIG ITEM), and discussed some other trail logistics. Oh... and made a decision about something in the trailer kitchen. I think we made some great progress! I get to cross off a couple of small items, but I had to add a few more.

Now 24 BIG ITEMS to complete- (38 done). 42 small ones to do (34 done). 16 days to go.

Oh! And this happened- first snow. snow

See Almost Food

4 comments:

Ann said...

That was quite a productive day. Looks like you and Monica are quite the piping trim team.
It snowed here yesterday as well

Monika said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharkbytes said...

Ann- we work together really well.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Ooh, I would love to get my paws on the contents of that basket!"