Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Map Fun - Day 189

  Today I planned the Vermont section, did a catch-up blog post, did some reports on the pieces I hiked, tried to get some stuff ready for the Vermont leg, made phone calls, tried to rest a bit.

I'll just show you an example of what I was able to do with the Avenza app. The orange line is a track of my bushwhack from Day 175 between the two red markers. I also added markers at other points of interest. Avenza map

There are a lot of trail apps, and everyone has a personal favorite. I've only used a couple, but I'm really comfortable with Avenza.

That is all! Tomorrow I travel again, driving my car back to Vermont. Sunny is staying here again.

See Separation Anxiety?

3 comments:

Sue Teeters said...

Joan, many happy trails!!! Stay healthy. Stay safe. Stay grateful!!!

Ann said...

I bet that app really comes in handy

Sharkbytes said...

Sue, Ann- I am safe and happy! I really would not want to do this without some GPS service.