Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Never a Dull Moment - Day 190

  On my way to Vermont. Not a dozen miles away from Mary's house. The car decides to dump all its transmission fluid. Fortunately, I had a clue because it started slipping and I pulled off and stopped before it really puked. leak under car

Well, that's a tow! car on tow truck

I know that I'm being cared for. It's unlikely that anyone, anywhere can go for a year without having some needed car repair, so I did no moaning about "why now." But think of all the places this could have happened. I might have been at some remote trailhead, miles from a good-sized town. I might have been towing the trailer. I might have been far from a place to stay. I found a garage that can fix it right away as soon as they can get the parts. (tomorrow- they have to come from Buffalo). They don't think I damaged the transmission because I stopped right away, but I'll know the answer to that for sure tomorrow, also. Keep it up, all you folks who are praying. This is good stuff here.

Bill came and picked me up, so I'm back in Sunny and will await a call from the garage. This is probably another two-day delay. We shall see.

I hoped to do a lot of reports and stuff today. I did some, but mostly I fell asleep and took a long nap.

See Map Fun

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm glad this happened where it did and you were able to find someone to take care of it.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- indeed! Some garages say they are 2 weeks out to schedule repairs.