Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Tucked In with the Minnesota Mosquitoes - Day 204

  I am at a Forest Service Campground- with senior discount just $7 a night! No electic, but that's no big deal for one night. I'm inside; the Minnesota state birds and the horseflies are outside. Perfect. trailer at national forest campground

I drove a little farther today, but it was fine. The weather was cooler (77 as opposed to 90). I took a longer break in the middle of the day to buy groceries and spend some time online trying to get North Dakota logistics worked out (standing up, not sitting). My hips didn't start to ache until the last 45 minutes. The biggest challenge of the day was not getting annoyed at all the construction with one lane roads and flagmen.

Welcome to Wisconsin. Wisconsin state sign

Welcome to Minnesota. Minnesota state sign

I tried to get a picture of the Mississippi River, but my point-and-click-without-looking technique failed in that case.

I confess, it's a little daunting to think that I'm going to walk back all this way. So I just won't think about it!

Onward to North Dakota tomorrow!
See Yooper Turtle Ninja Save

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Outside is definitely the place for those biting bugs. I know because I used to live outside, and now I live inside, and there are a lot fewer biting bugs inside, and I like it better this way!"

Sharkbytes said...

Java Bean- I am definitely happy for you!