Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Yooper Turtle Ninja Save - Day 203

  I'm in da U.P. Left home before 8 a.m. Not bad for me! Crossed the bridge (that's the Mackinac Bridge) just about at noon. Mackinac Bridge

I'm at the home of the Yooper Turtle, who doesn't like her picture taken, but she let me show you the turtle. It got a new paint job a couple of years ago. The Turtle is Lorana, super NCT volunteer and supporter. And she's a good friend. I'm at her house for the night. She has quite a turtle collection (she thinks over 1000, but this is the biggest). She's always welcoming. large playground turtle

While we are thanking people who give me places to stay, I never showed you the team that helped me in western Vermont. Kelli is on the left and her mom, Marilyn on the right. I stayed at Marilyn's house and they both helped me with rides. That was especially generous, as Kelli's daughter graduated from high school on the same weekend, so they were already very busy. two women

I'm a third of the way to my North Dakota destination. It would be possible to do the drive in two days, but I get really stiff if I spend 12 hours driving in one day any more (not to mention bored out of my skull). Not even going to try it.

See Sunny Gets Some Atttention

2 comments:

Ann said...

That is one big turtle.
I wouldn't want to drive for 12 hours either.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I can still do it if I HAVE to, but it doesn't feel good