Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Welcome to Vermont -Day 193

  The day began by walking across the Crown Point Bridge. It's about a half mile long. Crown Point Bridge

Here's a side view of the whole thing. It's a really lovely bridge, and it has pedestrian walkways on both sides.

Just in case you don't know the story behind this, the previous historic bridge was built in 1929. You can see it at We Hiked. But in 2009 it was inspected and immediately closed. They blew it up! Then they built this new bridge. "We" were afraid it was going to be some ugly, utilitarian thing, but instead we got this beauty, and its designed for walkers as well as vehicles. Crown Point Bridge

I sort of fudged when I said New York was complete a few days ago. Technically, the line is in the middle of the bridge, not at this sign.
Welcome to New York sign


Now it's official- I finished New York and entered Vermont Welcome to Vermont sign

Just because I finally got a picture of one, I've been seeing hares, and I'll show you. These are not really rabbits. They are bigger and just look different. This one wasn't too big- s/he might have been young. hare

Mostly what I loved about today is the views of the mountains. I just couldn't stop taking pictures of them, even though I can't identify what I'm seeing. When you look back to the west, you see the Adirondacks. Adirondacks

When you look east, you see the Green Mountains. In two days, I'll be up on top of those! Green Mountains

This valley between the two ranges of mountains is actually part of The Great Valley which extends all the way from Quebec to Alabama!

Miles today: 15.7. Crown Point Bridge to Bittersweet Falls Rd. Total miles so far: 2397.2.
See Out of Sequence

2 comments:

Beyond my garden said...

You sent me Google Google. I have never heard of the Great Valley yet it has been a major part of my whole life. Thank-you and I'm glad to be reading daily posts again.

Sarah said...

I’ve been looking so forward to this post… but wanted to cross that bridge WITH a you! Im glad you had a beautiful day with mtn views! Sending you good vibes while on the Interloken today. Sarah