Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Western Meadowlark ? - Day 212

  There are both western and eastern meadowlarks here. Pretty hard to tell which one this is since it only showed me its backside and was flicking its tail. I'm going with western unless someone has a good reason to change my mind. western meadowlark

For the whole time beside the canal, I've been seeing an occasional large fish flopping along near the banks, but I didn't know what they were. Here's the answer. Carp. Sorry for the icky picture, but it shows you that I do mean big. Not the most desirable fish, but now I do remember being told there were carp in the canal. dead carp

I keep telling you it's hot in North Dakota. Now I have "proof." temperature sign

Actually, today's temperature was much better, but I hiked short miles as part of the recovery effort from yesterday. The tendon in the side of my leg that I angered yesterday is still not happy, but it's not worse. Tomorrow, I'll up the mileage a little. We are also going to try to get me hiking earlier so I can be done before it gets too hot.

We moved the trailer today, and we want to thank Pastor Steve from Turtle Lake where we last stayed. friends

Sunny had a nice grassy spot beside the church. We were given a key and use of the bathrooms and kitchen. It was really nice. travel trailer

Here is today's lonely North Dakota picture.
friends


Miles today: 10.3. Total miles so far: 2543.9

See Bird Day

1 comment:

Ann said...

WOW 262 degrees. That is hot...lol
How nice that you were able to use the kitchen and bathrooms.