Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Goat of Every Color

 
Out working today, and I passed a field of goats. Of course I thought of Pricilla.

goats

Of course I had to stop for pictures. It was a back road where there weren't going to be any traffic problems. We had a little black goat. She was reserved.

goats

We had a little white goat who was curious, and looks like she has a wonderful sense of humor.

goats

And then, we had the little dappled goat. She was clearly the pet. She came immediately to the fence and wanted her ears scratched and her nose tickled, and probably treats. But I didn't have any. So sorry, little cutie pie!

goats

I'm still smiling from this close encounter of the goat kind.

See More Farm Fun
See Bird and Beast
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

vanilla said...

Thank you yet again. I think goats are wonderful creatures.

brokenteepee said...

It looks like they were Happy Goats!

Ann said...

I frequently drive by a goat farm and have wanted to stop and take pictures but it's on a well traveled road and nowhere to pull over.
That white goat does look quite pleased with herself

rainfield61 said...

If there are goats that their colors can form a rainbow.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow that is kwite a variety of goat dogs i had no ideea they kaym in all those shayps and kolors!!! and treets ar always welkum but pets and skratches ar an akseptabul substitoot!!! ha ha ok bye

RNSANE said...

They probably don't have very many visitors. When I lived in Jaipur, one of my college housemates, took me to his rural village and I loved seeing two goatherds with their entire flock on the roadside. I got out for pictures and they all surrounded me, nibbling on my clothes. I'm glad I wasn't left nude on the highway!!!