Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Ag Report 2- Odds and Ends

 
These are not major crops in the area, but I ran across fields of them this past month.

These first two pictures were taken several weeks ago. Do you know what this is a field of?

field of potatoes

Do the blossoms help? It might tell you that they are a member of the Solanaceae family.

field of potatoes

It's a field of potatoes. Michigan is known for growing potatoes, but not many of them right where I live.

The next field had me puzzled. I had a guess, but stopped for a closer look because I really hadn't seen a whole field of this crop here before. What's your guess on this one?

field of carrots

Did you get it right? Yup, it's carrots!

Bugs Bunny would be very happy.

field of carrots

See Ag Report 1- the Cucurbitas
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


8 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Then you can be Bugs Bunny...

Lin said...

I've never seen a field of potatoes growing--that's cool!

You are always teaching me and showing me new stuff, Sharkey. :)

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Secondary Roads said...

We've already harvested 90 pounds of potatoes this year. They are some of the best we've ever eaten. Sylvia canned some of them. Later, we'll see how well that plan works.

Ann Thompson said...

I've never seen a whole field of carrots before.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

I grow potatoes so I knew 'em right away! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos and articles, Joan.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I've always found potato blossoms so lovely. Not to mention carrot blossoms ~ have many of those in my front yard ~ the glorious Daucus carota.

RNSANE said...

I haven't seen potatoes growing though, I'm sure, in our central California farmland, there must be some. I love seeing the artichoke fields covering the Pacific coastline. I LOVE artichokes and it amazes me how someone discovered how to eat them.