Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Evening Bike Ride

 
Today was the kind of day, weather-wise, that we dream about having all summer long. Sunny, blue sky, blue water, light breeze, not too hot, not too chilly. I'll take another one, please.

After dinner I went for a bike ride. Just a little 6-mile loop near the house. Was looking for some nice pictures to bring home to you. Here's my favorite. Sun through the red pines.

red pines

But willows with Queen Anne's Lace isn't bad.

willows

Probably would have found a few more if I'd been on foot, but stopping to take pictures when on a bicycle can be hard to talk myself into.

See An Evening Bike Ride
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Ann said...

These are nice and I can't blame you for not wanting to stop more.

RNSANE said...

Lovely, Joan...but, really, you RARELY bring us anything but outstanding pictures. I really need to do even a one mile bike ride but you are the one who hooked me on that darn Farm Animal game!!!

Secondary Roads said...

I always wondered why they were called red pines. From you pic, the answer seems obvious.

vanilla said...

I don't get many pictures when I am riding, either. Oh, I get the pictures, I just can't share them. Or long remember them.