Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, August 4, 2014

August HeART in Yellow and Blue

 
This comes under the heading of fooling around. Maybe with a purpose, maybe not. Just experimenting. But it's sort of artsy, so I'm playing along with Rose, of What I Made Today and adding it to August HeART.

I did it on faded, old construction paper, and used acrylic paint. Just wanted to see if it would look pretty much like what I was seeing in my head.

photo label
The answer- yes, I like it. This might lead to something else... (Then again, this is me who's talking. It might not...)

Thanks, Ann, for the starbursts. I don't have those quite right yet, but they are the right idea.

See Blame it On Rose
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

6 comments:

Ann said...

I like it and I recognized the starbursts right away

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh, Joan ~ I LoVe it and I'm so glad you played along and joined the August heART party! I hope, too, that it leads to something else ~ play is such Good Medicine for the soul. :)

Secondary Roads said...

Neat. Really neat! Looks like fun. You're off to a great start.

froebelsternchen said...

looks great !

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I folded the net bag to make it the right size, and it made the burst lopsided. Need to correct that

Rose- I have plans... but then, that's mostly what I do. Only some fulfillment of them

Chuck- but the start of what?

Susi- thanks for stopping by, and the encouragement

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful design
i like the simplicity of two colors