Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Sunny Solstice Stroll

 
I have not been getting nearly enough exercise lately, and I'm stiff as a result. It was 40 and clear so...

Today, on the shortest day of the year, the sun decided to show up! Sunrise was nifty. Sorry about the wires, but they are there.

sunrise

I went for my road walk in the afternoon. All the same old stuff, but sun makes it all look better. Here's the small pond.

winter pond

Just sunlight on some willow twigs, glowing orange. I do love the layers of vegetation with and without leaves.

sun on willow twigs

And sunset, with the same colors as the sunrise.

sunset

In other news: I wrote in the morning, and formatted in the afternoon. I have 128 pages formatted. About a third of the book. So far, so good!

See December 19, 2018 sun
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


2 comments:

Lin said...

It is supposed to be in the 40's, 50's and nearly 60 (!) here this week. I am hoping to get out on the trail since the gym has weird hours. Plus...all that outside makes me feel better!

Ann said...

I need to get out and get more exercise. Since the weather started getting colder I've been aching big time. Love the variety of colors in these photos.