Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 15, 2020

School Day

  I am taking a course this week in learning how to use Amazon Ads and (hopefully) really make them work. I've previously run a couple, but with very little results. So far, I'm pretty happy with what I've learned, although it's way too soon to tell if anything is happening as a result.

But this is not a class in theory. We have real assignments to create ads. Today was labor intensive. If you haven't previously created Amazon keyword lists for your books (not just the 7 keyword slots they give you when you post your book) this takes a bunch of work. My brain is fried, but I have three ads running, one based on title keywords, one on authors, and one on subject-based keywords. We are supposed to focus on one book this week, so I chose The Secret Cellar. It's not a free book, and it's first in a series. All good choices.

No wonder I haven't been getting Amazon sales on the kid's books- they don't show up in searches even of categories they are listed in. The Secret Cellar doesn't even come up first on the list if you put in the exact title. Amazon is a grim mystery of its own.

Needless to say, I did not do anything else today. Have the pretty sunset. So nice of the cloud stripes to line up parallel with the electric wire! sunset

And here is the ad with the new "hook" copy that is being run. sample Amazon ad

See That Mystery Tree

1 comment:

Ann said...

I think my brain would be fried trying to figure out the ins and outs of creating an ad.