Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, July 2, 2021

My Trailer Redo - Day 123 - Scrub-a-Dub

  Today's big project, since it's not supposed to rain for several days, was to wash the trailer and get it ready for the rest of the painting.

As I did the last time I faced this project, I used Bar Keeper's Friend. It does a really good job, but it dries your skin out something fierce. So this time I wore gloves. I scrubbed every inch with the cleanser and a scrub brush, and then rinsed it down good with the hose. Oh yeah... I had to get out the hoses and hook them up to do this job. That is never a favorite task. I only dislike putting them away for the winter more. Bar Keepers Friend

You can't really tell much in a photo, but this space looks nice and clean. Actually, it is. The whole trailer is. fiberglass trailer

I discovered one more place I need to add a little Bondo, and I'm using a piece of sandpaper to remove any last specks of the old paint that are still sticking. It's just a putzy job. Maybe tomorrow I can get it wiped down with the thinner... we'll see. I have a group hike in the morning.

In other news: I worked on book formatting for someone. That took way longer than I expected, but it's done.

See That Big Hole

2 comments:

Ann said...

You'll have that trailer in tip top shape in no time

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Oh my gosh- I sure wish, but there is SO much to do.