Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, July 18, 2021

My Woodchuck Again

  I'm sure most of you are tired of woodchuck pictures. Especially my friend Chuck, who takes offense at the name and calls them woodcharlies. You can also go with whistle-pig.

But except for the fact that they eat my plants and dig holes where I don't want them (oh, yeah... and caused such havoc with the well pit), I think they are incredibly cute. I'm pretty sure this one was looking right at me, even through the window. woodchuck

Guess she doesn't think much of me! woodchuck

I got some of the things done that I had planned for today. I woke up tired, and actually fell asleep again. Did get my quota of editing done after I woke up for the second time, and then I wrote a chapter. That is all.

See Waking Up Hungry

5 comments:

Ann said...

I had one living here for a while under the shed I used to have. He never caused any damage and would come out in the evenings to chow down on grass. I always enjoyed watching him

Secondary Roads said...

Usually, I just call them charlies. We had one get into the garden the year, where he created havoc. He nearly killed leaf and romaine lettuce plants. He ate the leaves of the zucchini and munched on two of three fruits. Fortunately, he only chewed a little on the blossom ends, so we were able to rescue the rest.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- glad to hear yours wasn't a nuisance

Chuck- they just think you have a private salad bar for them.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Cute! But really, don't you get tired of having them chuck wood at you all the time?"

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- mine just seem to chuck dirt