Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Still Babies

  I hadn't seen the twins for quite a few days. I hoped that meant they might have joined up with some other deer. But they showed up in my yard again today. I got a picture with the two of them. The larger one is farther away so they don't look too different in size, but they are even more different than a week ago now. twin fawns

Here is the small one. She (I am assuming) is very thin, and her coat doesn't look too healthy. I don't think she's grown since last week. fawn

Here is the larger one. It (he?- not sure) is quite healthy and frisky. They don't mind me coming out on the deck and talking to them. fawn

In other news: This was day two of the Midwest Writer's Workshop. There have been four sessions already. I skipped one about creating comic books, but have two more this evening. I couldn't sleep last night, so the good news is that I wrote a chapter. The bad news is that I'm really tired already. But the sessions have been really great.

See How Are the Twins?

4 comments:

Ann said...

Aww, poor thing. She does look smaller and thinner than the other

Lin said...

Aw, shoot. I hope she makes it.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Bambis! I hope the thin one starts catching up on the weight gain!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Lin- I'm sure she'll be more vulnerable this fall.

Lulu- We have a lot of Bambis. I have become attached to these ones. Probably to my detriment.