Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Sunrise # 26758

  A spreadsheet can easily calculate that today was the 26758th sunrise I've had the potential to see. We know I haven't actually seen anywhere near that many. I'm trying to be increasingly grateful for each one I'm allowed. pink sunrise

I was sort of hoping the number would be more interesting. A prime number would have been awesome. But it is at least a number where no digit appears more than one time.

The day is all other news: I'm attending a virtual writers' conference- Midwest Writers' Workshop. Today is 4 Zoom meetings. That is about 3 over my daily limit, but I'm trying to be good and absorb the education. This is going to keep me nailed down for the next three days. I did some editing, and I did some analysis of my own writing based on things we learned today. I was pleasantly surprised to quantify that I've been doing some things right by instinct. Now I will know how to do them by design.

The sunrise three years ago, and off by one day, was surprisingly similar. Back to zooming for me.

See Color My World

2 comments:

Ann said...

That is an impressive number.
I don't know if I coul stay focused through zoom meetings. I suppose if the topic is interesting enough and it required a lot of participation.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I have to keep telling myself that I can do this. Meetings where I am trapped in the chair on camera are just brutal.