Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Clear and Clean

  Today was a great day! Western Michigan has had very little sunshine this month. Very little. Today looked promising with almost a sunrise.
sunrise


There was even some blue sky in the afternoon, and the air felt springlike.
blue sky


For the first day since I've been home, I ached perceptibly less. Not really pain-free yet, but SO much better. I got a lot of stuff put away, and for the first time in a long while, the kitchen floor is empty and clean. It's nice to have one space that isn't covered in stuff to be sorted. At the very least, it gives me a space where I can work to sort the next pile!
kitchen


Om is home, and we started talking about the basement, but he's really tired. We'll get more serious about it tomorrow or the next day.

See Some Days Are...

2 comments:

Ann said...

It's always a great feeling when you get things done. I find very refreshed by clean rooms and always feel more relaxed when I don't have a mess around me. Could explain why I keep the doors to the two spare rooms closed all the time.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Usually mess doesn't bother me, but it's SO bad here right now that some clear space is really good.