Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Longest Walk in a Month

  It's been a month since I began my temporary hiatus from hiking the North Country Trail. I knew I was feeling beaten down, but I didn't realize how much so. Today I walked to town and back, just two miles. I did it, but it wasn't fun and it didn't feel good. Here's hoping that things will be much better before March, when I hope to take on the completion of the trail.
small town


The good news is that I did get my errand completed, and I did finish the two miles. Walking has almost without exception been an enjoyable part of my life, so I sure hope all these aches and pains subside so that it will again be enjoyable. I cut out the "vitamin I" when I came home to determine just how "beat up" my body was. Now I know. But I can definitely say that I feel a little better every day, so I think it will be good again.

In other news: just more of the same- sorting, finances.

See So This is Sun?

4 comments:

Ann said...

Thankfully you have a couple months to rejuvenate.

Carol said...

Walking can be a strenuous task for some. I love to walk, but after three foot surgeries walking can at times seem like an entire day of work. I am glad that you have a little more time to get ready for your walk

Secondary Roads said...

Sylvia and I are very concerned for you. Nevertheless, we have hope and confidence you will bounce back and complete you goal.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Chuck and Sylvia- I'm quite sure I haven't done any permanent damage. But the rest is very much needed.

Carol- hope your feet improve too.