Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

One More Small Victory

  To those of you who have been reading my blog for years or at least the past year, I apologize for such a ho-hum post. However, right now, I will take any small bit of progress toward working my way out of the mess the entire house is now in.

I managed to clear off the entire surface of this work table so it can be used to continue to sort other piles of stuff.
cleared work table


We got an estimate today for having the water heater replaced and the adjoining parts brought up to code and blah, blah. Then, Omer and I had to talk about it and some other related stuff. Now, we are already using that table top to begin sorting some of the stuff from the basement that we are willing to get rid of.

Just for the record, Om is much neater than I am. He had the basement really quite orderly before the "flood." But now that everything is moved around, we might as well keep going with getting rid of some more of it.

I also did some paperwork- there's a lot of that to do, since I didn't get any expenses or income from last year recorded while I was hiking, and there will be a tax appointment in the future. Much sooner than I want it, so I can't keep ignoring that pile.

See Energy and Economy

3 comments:

Ann said...

Since I'm working on trying to clean up the two spare rooms in my house I can relate to small progress.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Tax time! Always fun! Mama and Dada had an appointment this week on Zoom with their tax person."
Java Bean: "Yeah we tried to distract them but it didn't work."
Charlee: "Next time just go sit on the keyboard, that's how I do it."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- not a favorite pastime, that's for sure.

Charlee- you sound like a big helper.