Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Memory Lane on the Young Side

 
Loretta went on a trip today to see some of the places where her Mom grew up. That's Omer's Mom too, of course.

And then there were piles of pictures to sort that have been passed around the family. I had never seen this one of Omer and Loretta before. I think this was taken in fall of 1944 or 1945. That's my best guess. I love it!

brother and sister in 1944

This one, we can date for sure. This is 1946, because the toddler between the two of them is their sister Patty, who died soon after this, of pneumonia.

brother and sisters in 1946

Because their mother was from Grand Rapids, Patty is buried there, and Loretta visited the grave today. I have seen it once, one day long ago.

baby gravestone

Lots of pictures- some precious, some we can't even identify. Maybe you'll see a few more in days to come.

In other news: I worked on the book in the morning, got some stuff cleared out of my old car in the afternoon, had dinner with friends, and then had a meeting and writers' group. I'm pooped.

if you like this blog, click

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

Nice photo finds. Are Loretta and Omer twins. They look to be the same age

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- they are one year apart.