Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

A Pentwater Afternoon

 Here's Pentwater Lake, although that wasn't the focus of my activities, it's always nice.
Pentwater Lake


The primary reason I went there is the last thing I did. But since I was headed that way, I got in a few fast miles at the Pentwater Pathway trails. And I do mean fast. I cut myself short on time. But the trails were dry.
brown trail


I ended up with just 45 minutes to walk. I tried for the 2.6 mile loop, and I did it, but I was moving! I haven't hiked the trails there for several years, so it was fun to visit some of them again. There are more loops- it's really set up for X-Country skiing.
gray woods


I made it back to town in time to participate in the Wednesday evening dinners at their Methodist Church. Tonight was spaghetti.


But my primary reason for the trip was to be a substitue ringer in their bell choir this weekend, and tonight was the practice.
handbell choir


Let's say that my sight-reading skills had a good workout. Only one of the pieces has a hard spot where there is an impossible page turn, so I'm doing a little fix to overcome that. We have one more practice on Sunday morning, and then we play. Whew!

Total miles hiked in 2024: 108.3 of which 18.7 is North Country Trail.

Pentwater Pathways, Pentwater, MI. Blue Loop, 2.6 miles

See More from the School Forest

3 comments:

Ann said...

Looks like a nice place for a walk. You had a busy day

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Mmm, spaghetti! A bell-ringer has to keep her strength up!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it's really a great bunch of trails.

Lulu- The bells I'm substituting on are tiny compared to my regulars. An octave higher.