Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Round Lake in the Sun

 Huh. Even though I drive past this lake fairly often, I guess I've only shared a picture of it one other time. This was on the way home from my hike on Wednesday. It's a largish (571 acre) lake in Mason County, but it's pretty shallow at about 10 feet. It's name is Round Lake because it's very round.

It's another kettle hole lake, having no surface water running into it. An unnamed creek flows from the NW corner and is joined by the stream from Cunningham Lake (the source of the Lincoln River), and together the stream runs to the North Branch of the Lincoln River.
Round Lake Mason County MI


I worked hard today. Wrote 1000 words, did a bunch of other necessary stuff. Getting ready to leave with Loren in the morning to go to the Quiet Adventure Symposium.

See Tour De Lacs

3 comments:

Ann said...

I was going to ask if the lake was actually round but you answered that :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Our Dada asked if Cunningham Lake was named after Richie Cunningham! And then he said maybe they would rename if Fonzi Lake at some point! And then he laughed and laughed and laughed. Ayyy, he is so weird."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- pretty darn close

Dada may have something there. It's a private lake but I sneaked in once.