Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, February 16, 2024

Didja Hear the One about the Banana?

 Om has developed a cute little sense of humor in his old age. I had three bananas thawing on the counter that had been in the freezer. Of course they were black due to their recent housing situation.

So he comes out of the kitchen and completely deadpan says to me, "Those bananas are too ripe for me to eat." (This is quietly hilarious because he only eats green bananas, not even yellow ones.)

You know the fate of freezer-slumming bananas... bread.
banana bread


One for now, and one for later.
banana bread


I spent the rest of the day editing and writing. My eyeballs are swirling with words.

See Same as Last Year

3 comments:

Ann said...

I didn't know you could freeze bananas. That bread looks really good. Not sure I could eat a green banana. I don't even like them when they are just a little bit green. Not to mention how hard they are to peel then.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- me too. I'd rather have them a little over-ripe, although not pure black!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada says the one he heard about the banana is from Monty Python where they're teaching how to defend yourself from a banana-wielding maniac!"
Java Bean: "Ayyy, what is the secret?"
Lulu: "It involves eating the banana."
Java Bean: "I can do that!"