Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

My Life as a Fifteen-Square Puzzle

 I was sure I had blogged about this idea before, but I can't find it. So, if I did it certainly wasn't recently. My life is a lot like these slider puzzles. Remember them? I was pretty good at getting them sorted out. Just in case you aren't familiar with these, you had to put the numbers in the right order by sliding a square into the one open space. Then you could move one more, etc.


If only I were as good at solving the similar house problem as I was at these puzzles. The house is so full of stuff that there is exactly one place I can move anything else into. Despite moving a lot of boxes out of here last year, there doesn't seem to be any more space than there was.

My one open square is the middle of the kitchen, and THE PROJECT filled that space completely. However, that one open square is returned to usable status. I took care of every stupid thing that was on the floor (that didn't belong), and found homes for things.


THE PROJECT status is: almost done. The final step requires my sewing machine. I had to uncover the sewing space, and did so, but the machine isn't working right. I'll tackle that tomorrow, or set up a different machine.

The news on my car is unhappy. I am looking at options.

Also had bell choir practice and a meeting. Did some editing.

See One Little Piece of the Project

3 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Oh no, nobody likes unhappy car news! We hope you can find a reasonable option!"
Java Bean: "Happy Valentine's Day! The puzzle is just the right colors for it!"

Ann said...

Sorry to hear about the unhappy car news. Hope you find a suitable option.

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu and Ann- new engine. Not so happy