Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Fade to Blue

 As anyone local will tell you, the news today is that we actually got some snow.

Here was the situation at 2:30 this afternoon. We got enough that it derailed a hike we had planned for morning. Several people could not get out. But the snow stopped before noon.
snowy trees


There isn't much else to report from today. I've started working on tax prep. How's that for exciting? Right.

But I love trying to catch the blue light of dusk in pictures. Here was that same scene at 6:20 which actually looks brighter than the shot in the afternoon.
blue dusk


At 6:25
blue dusk


6:30
blue dusk


And 6:35
blue dusk


Which shade do you like best? I particularly like that it is no longer pitch dark at 6:30!

I also did some editing today.

See Another Blue Dusk

4 comments:

Ann said...

Blue is my color so I like them all. You can keep the snow though :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, we also like the 6:30 shot. It's a little dark at 6:35!"
Oona: "Not by Oona's standards."
Lulu: "Tax Prep has been going on off and on here for weeks. Apparently it's so much fun that Dada likes to drag it out as long as possible!"
Charlee: "I don't think 'fun' is the reason ..."

The Furry Gnome said...

I've been enjoying all your posts as you travelled around. But for some reason google would not let me comment.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- that's OK, the blue appears whether there is snow or not.

Oona- I think you would want the 6:40 shot!

Stew- weird. Glad to hear from you.