Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bookbrokers & Kramer's Cafe

 
Today, it was time to head back south. Had to catch a shot of Traverse Bay (an arm of Lake Michigan). Looks great in the sun. But cold here. Really cold.

Traverse Bay

This afternoon I had a book signing at Bookbrokers and Kramer's Cafe in the Grand Traverse Mall, Traverse City. You can see my poster near the middle.

Bookbrokers & Kramer's Cafe

They have Michigan authors in to do this almost every Saturday. Here I am waiting to greet people and sell books.

Bookbrokers & Kramer's Cafe

I signed up for this opportunity immediately after hearing about it just over two weeks ago, but I think it might be the beginning of a really significant relationship. The owner, Dan "Doc" McDougall, is really supportive of Michigan authors. He is displaying my books in a way that people might actually be interested in buying them. He's full of ideas to support and attract local authors. We are already cooking up something for this summer.

And, I found a very cool book that I bought as a research item for future books in the Dubois Files series. They sell primarily used books, which are discounted. Current Michigan authors' books are full price, of course. I think my "find" was great. Maybe I'll share about it another day.

Also, PS, I bought a sandwich there for dinner. WAY better than the food court stuff and no more expensive. Recommended.

See Rivertown Crossings Experiment
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

Sounds like a good way to promote your books and nice that the owner is supportive