Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, January 14, 2019

Another 100

 
2018 was the third year the North Country Trail Association has offered the Hike 100 Challenge. The idea is that you hike any 100 miles on the NCT in the calendar year, and you get a patch. You can hike 100 different miles, or the same mile 100 times. Whatever.

For this past year, they also offered a Hike 50 patch in honor of the 50th anniversary of the National Trails System.

Mine came in the mail today.

North Country Trail Hike 50 and Hike 100 Challenge patches for 2018

We all know I'm a sucker for patches, but every year I do wonder why I feel compelled to do this. I sure don't have to prove myself any more. (Reminder, I'm the 9th person to E2E the whole trail, and the first woman to do it completely on foot.)

Nevertheless, I want the patches. And it just seems like it would be bad form not to do it, unless I really can't hike that far any more. Because I want to support the NCT.

Of course, this year, I hiked 300 miles on the Midland to Mackinac Trail that didn't count at all, and some other odd hikes here and there as well.

Of course, I really pushed the timing for 2018, finishing my 100 miles on December 13! Yikes. Hope to do better for 2019. I already have 11 miles done.

See Hundreds of Miles
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

I don't think anyone really needs a reason for why they do things like this. Maybe it's simply "because I can". And if it's something you enjoy doing then all the better