Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Best Recipe Finds of 2018

 
I think there are just two new recipes that stood out in my mind this year. Both are backpacking food, but can just as easily be fixed for home consumption.

To be honest, there hasn't been a lot of cooking going on except for that huge push to create food for my big hike.

First up is rhubarb granola. Actually, this can be any fruit that can be made into a sauce.

rhubarb granola

The second one is a one-pan meal called Pizza in a Bowl. I adapted it for use as a backpacking food. Comfort food supreme!

pizza in a bowl

In other news: I got one more hike tape transferred to digital and the noise cleaned up. Wrote a little bit. Read a book.

See Best Recipe Finds of 2017
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

pizza in a bowl, yumm. I tend to cook once and eat the same thing for several days. I could never do that with Wade because he hated leftovers. I don't mind them and I prefer not to have to come home from work and think about cooking