Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Little Humid Walk

  I finished some errands a little early for bell choir so I did a short walk in the woods by the Methodist Church. Very humid and weirdly warm for October. Lots of mushrooms! This is some polypore. Nothing special, but it was looking quite handsome. yellow-brown polypore

Best find is another of the purple mushrooms. I'm pretty sure this is Heliotrope Webcap. Blotchy with yellow and really slimy. Cortinarius heliotropicus. Definitely not one of the purple ones I've shown you before. Second guess is Purple Coincap. Of course it seems to be right for some features of each but not all. Heliotrope Webcap

Here is the underside. No sign of the "web"- the remnant of the veil, but it may have dropped off. Heliotrope Webcap

How about a cute yellow one? I have no idea what this one is. Too many choices. yellow mushroom

These mushrooms at the base of a tree are past their prime, but they almost look like flowers. brown mushroom

Got a nice picture of a black squirrel. black squirrel

And the leaves are starting to change- quite late this year- the sassafras are getting yellow. yellow sassafras leaves

Methodist Church trails, Ludington, MI. 2 miles

In other news: I edited all day. I did a few errands and went to bell choir practice. I didn't get to cross off a single item. Big List is still at 73 entries with 28 crossed off, leaving 45 to go in 49 days. Chop, chop!

See Purple Mushrooms

2 comments: