Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, October 11, 2021

Road Day Loot

  Today, I drove to the other side of the state. Surprisingly, at one of the rest areas on I-75 there are gorgeous gardens, and they were still looking good in the second week of October! fall flower garden

The last time I saw this shrub was in Alabama. That one was native. This one may not be. There are ornamental varieties as well. Anyway, it's a Beautyberry, and now I know it when I see it. beautyberry bush

The primary reason for the trip was to pick up the new foam for the trailer. Got it! Darn good thing it was a warm day. It smelled so strong I had to drive home with the windows open all the way. It will be temporarily living on the deck until it finishes off-gassing! Took the picture when I got home, just after dark. car filled with foam

Next bit of loot was a really, really good salad at Moni's family restaurant. Mixed greens, apple, cranberries, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese and grilled chicken. The pita bread was warm. All for $10. Total winner! I was feeling overwhelmed by so many chain restaurants, so I asked Google to find a family restaurant. Success. nice salad

In Grand Rapids on the way back I went to two other stores- I'll show you those purchases another day. I'm shopped out (doesn't take much to accomplish that). But the last bit of loot was a lovely evening sky. I had to snap it on the fly, though. light breaking through clouds

This is all the news- 8 hours of driving is enough. Big List is still at 73 items with 28 crossed off, leaving 45 to go in 50 days.

See Beautyberry

4 comments:

vanilla said...

A truly "quality day!"

Ann said...

I hate driving any more. 8 hours of it would be too much for me.
Good idea asking google for a family restaurant.

Sharkbytes said...

Vanilla- lots of good things!

Ann- This was not my favorite activity, but it's done.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! I found you through your designer profile

បាការ៉ាត់អន់ឡាញ