Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Turn About is Fair Play

  Cindy Faust is going to be one of my support people on my upcoming NCT hike,and I'll be relying on the generosity of people who will let me camp in their yards. So, when she asked me if she could stay here tonight on the way to a hike... the answer was "of course." travel trailer

I met Cindy three years ago when she came to spot me for a day on my Midland to Mackinac hike (link below). Recently, she was in North Dakota helping hiker Denali. Hikers and hiker helpers get around. friends

She comes with her little dog, Bridgee, who is adorable. small white dog

She'll be helping me in part of western Ohio. Speaking of help, I still need a couple of places to put the trailer between Defiance and Xenia. Anyone in that area with a space for the trailer, use of electric and bathroom for a few days in January?

In other news: I did manage to cross one small thing off the list, but most of what I accomplished was pieces of other things. As always, I spent the morning editing. But then it was raining, so I started several of the sewing projects that need to happen, managing to trash yet another room in the house (I had to go digging to find several things- but I actually did find them). But the timing is good, because Om isn't home and I can get that cleaned up before he returns. One more rain day in this stretch, so I'll be sewing again tomorrow. Hope to cross off a couple of things! Oh, and I put in another order of stuff with Amazon. Big List has 70 items with 21 crossed off, leaving 49 to go in 54 days.

See When I Met Cindy

2 comments:

Ann said...

Nice that you were able to accommodate her. Bridgee is adorable

Sharkbytes said...

Bridgee looks like a cross between an albino bat and an explosion in a wig factory! But she is a real sweetie.