Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Starlight 2018

 
This will wrap up the Christmas concerts for the year (I've gone to seven!). I'll be going to a Christmas Eve service, but that won't be all music.

I always expect great things at Starlight, and this year did not disappoint. The decor is different every time.

Starlight decor

Starlight decor

The choir opened with a song called "It's Christmas." There were quite a few pieces of music this year that I was not familiar with, but for the most part you could understand the words, so that was good. The set for the program was a storefront, and the choir was dressed as shoppers.

Starlight choir

One of the store "windows" had a Christmas dress on display- with a skirt of evergreens, of course.

And this skit this year was various bell-ringers explaining why they volunteer. Not all the motives were so great, which was the "lesson."

Starlight skit

The window on the other side was a Santa with stuffed animals. Here the shopper had just finished singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

Starlight skit

One really cute song with a definitely modern theme was "Text Merry Christmas."

Starlight text Merry Christmas

The closing song was "O Holy Night." For those of you that recall my grumpy quest to find a recording of that song I liked a few weeks ago, this one made the grade. No cowboy twang, all the notes were on key, all three verses sung, you could understand all the words.

Starlight O Holy Night

And, afterwards, a nice visit with my friends Paula and Gaylynne. Since I don't manage to see them very often, it's nice to go to Starlight with them.

friends

In other news: I worked on book formatting.

See Starlight 2017
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Loretta said...

My favorite Christmas program! Wish I could have been there this year...but the retirement was a bit delayed so I am working for another week at least. Sounds like it was great as usual!

Ann said...

That looks like an excellent program. Love the way they have the stage set.