Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sunrise, Sunset, Sun In Between

 
With no apologies, I bring you more sun and sky pictures. We had sun all day today. It's been a while. Sunrise:

sunrise

I figured the sun would slip back under the clouds, but instead it burned them off! November 2018 had 9% of possible sunshine (only November 1992 was lower at 5%). I couldn't find a number for October, but I was out hiking a lot of it and sunny it was not. December has been very gray. We all will come down with SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder.

But today, we had blue sky all day!

blue sky

I walked to the library, and the sun was making magic with a plain old parking lot edge.

sun on Norway Spruce

And it even stayed around to provide a gorgeous sunset.

sunset

I'm not usually bothered too much by the gray skies, but it's starting to get to me, and we aren't even to January yet! So, today, I'll celebrate the sun.

In other news: I spent the entire day getting the Books Leaving Footprints web site up to date. It had been a long time since I'd worked on it. That's not so good. Now, I'm sorting copies of my Get Off the Couch column. Haven't kept those records up well either.

See Light!
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

We have far too many gray days and a blue sky and some sunshine can make all the difference