Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, December 17, 2018

A Wonderful Weekend

I got home too late last night to blog. Went to bed and was asleep in under five minutes. But it's all good.

Sunday at Rivertown Crossings was much slower than Saturday, but I still did reasonably well, and since I'd made my expenses on Saturday there was no stress.

I'm sorry to say that I forgot to take a picture of Jean Davis, with whom I shared the space on Sunday. She has science fiction books and some dystopian stuff, so it nicely fills the age gap between my children's books and other mysteries. We work together well and plan to share a booth at an event in 2019. But maybe not at a mall again.

However, I did get to see Fred and Margie, at whose house I slept. They had an unexpected trip out of town after they told me to come, and weren't sure they'd get to say hello at all. As it was, our time was very short, but at least we did get to visit a little bit.


I saw a lot more of their dogs. Zed is the big white and brown one, and Sage is black. Zed wasn't sure he wanted me coming in the house when his mom and dad were away, but we finally made friends and they slept with me part of the time. A hundred pounds of dog holding down the covers is something I haven't had to deal with for a while!


And I met an online writing friend named Alice that I've known for close maybe 15 years, but we'd never met in person. It was so nice to actually get acquainted!

One really, REALLY nice piece of the day was that my friend, Robert, stopped by. I don't think I'd seen him for six years (although we may have snuck in a cup of coffee on the fly about four years ago. We couldn't remember for sure. Anyway, he came back to help me pack up, and then we went to get a bite to eat. We visited until the restaurant closed. Actually about a half hour past when they closed, but they didn't kick us out. It was great to catch up.


The drive home was just long enough for me to unwind, but not so long that I got sleepy before I got here. But, as I said, I fell in bed immediately.

In other news today: I've been writing like crazy. I got past the place that was a problem. Worked that out in my head on the long drives. I've written over 4000 words today. The denouement has been playing in my head like a movie for over a month, so all I have to do is get it recorded. Still hoping for Christmas for Dead Mule Swamp Mistletoe. We'll see!

I also went to meet someone who wanted to buy a set of the children's books and take pictures of me signing them. More book sales is good!

See Chasing Big Trees with Robert
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Sounds like a really good weekend.
In all the craft shows that I've done, I've discovered that Sunday is never as good a day as Saturday

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin