Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Green



The landscape outside has turned white again for one (?) last laugh. Thanks to many blogging friends, chief among them Carol of Duxbury Ramblers, I'm green with envy for green. Rather than fly into a green rage, I'll just overload you with green from the Philadelphia Flower Show. Enjoy the variations in shade and texture!

foxtail

Foxtail Asparagus Fern

Croton

Croton (some variety)

Euphorbia

Euphorbia x martinii 'Tiny Tim' spurge

Asplenium

Asplenium antiquum 'Victoria' - curly bird's nest fern

Asplenium

Bowiea volubilis

Perhaps, tomorrow, I'll be able to think of another color.



7 comments:

Lin said...

There is some green out there, Sharky--we just have to really look for it. I know how you feel--we are supposed to get snow tonight...on top of my snowdrops and crocus. :(

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Some lovely plants especially the spurge, I love it!

Ann said...

I'm suffering from a green deficiency myself. I woke up to a coating of wet heavy white. Most of it is gone now since it's been raining all day but I think we're supposed to get more.

Ferd said...

I'm sure you'll find some green out there. It will be just under the snow. And oh yeah, about a month from now! ;-)

Sharkbytes said...

Hi everyone- I didn't get to answer your comments because we were having thundersnow! Had to unplug.

Lin- we have about 10 inches- how about you?

Carol- that spurge is really interesting. The centers look sparkly. I've never seen anything like it.

Ann- ours is going to stay around for several days. It wouldn't be so bad, but there is a lot of ice with it too.

Ferd- I know! I'm ready. Although we got enough snow that I should be able to ski a bit yet.

Book said...

I like all of your photos!

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Book- thanks for stopping by. I try to provide fun pictures every day.