Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Where are We Today?



First of all... Everyone liked the visit to the crystal cave. It was deep and dark. It was...

pan on stove

... in a pan on my stove! I had burned some milk, and so I boiled some baking soda in it to clean it. Then, I didn't get around to washing it out, and the soda dried slowly, forming crystals. Pretty cool, huh?

I have yet another journey in perception for today. What do you think? Is it a map of a river, with small islands?

blue paint


Maybe it's a closeup of an oil painting?

blue paint


How about a tangle of some wonderful yarn?

yarn


Or something else?


See Enter the Crystal Cave


4 comments:

wiseacre said...

now I'm certain winter has been too long. I haven't stuck my head in a pot yet but it was getting close.

Thank goodness I found something to lichen yesterday.

Ann said...

Oh my gosh I never would have guessed that it was something on your stove. Very cool.
Now for the latest mystery, I can't be sure but the last one reminds me of a filter used in photoshop

Gordon said...

Looks like an oil slick.

Ferd said...

Great stuff for Macro Mondays!