Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome to Paris - Philadelphia Flower Show 2011


Philadelphia Flower Show 2011- Eiffel Tower

The theme of this year's Philadelphia Flower Show was Springtime in Paris, supposedly centered on the turn of the 20th Century. I'm too tired tonight to do more than give you just a glimpse. There will be much more in days to come. Of course, the entrance brought us directly under the Eiffel Tower.
Philadelphia Flower Show 2011- Pink Dining Room

What is Paris without fine dining?
Philadelphia Flower Show 2011- Can-can dancers

And the can-can is a required element! Sorry, I'm too tired to sort pictures and show you more tonight. Coming events for sure. Tomorrow, I have to drive home. What a whirlwind!



6 comments:

RNSANE said...

It definitely is a whirlwind if you drove all the way to Paris!!! Brings back memories of my last visit to the Moulin Rouge, with two nursing friends of mine from Texas. We had dinner there and our seats for the show were superb. I think half the men in attendance were really envious!

Drive safely, Joan.

Life Moto said...

i am sure the place is very awesome .

Ann said...

A good peek at the flower show. I'm already thinking that it must have been spectacular.

rainfield61 said...

Have a nice visit.

Ferd said...

What a fun, great little trip!
Thans for sharing these past few days!

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- I've sure never been to the real one- I would LOVE to see it.

Life Moto- There is no way way one can even see all of it in one day. Each year I choose the areas I'm going to focus on.

Ann- Sorry I'm so late to respond to comments. By now, you've had a few glimpses, at least.

rainfield- I sure did!

Ferd- lots more to come!