Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, July 24, 2020

On the Road

 
Ready to roll!

fiberglass trailer

Mostly I saw a lot of this.

interstate highway

Sandusky Bay was inviting

Sandusky  Bay

The ostrich was hungry, but he wouldn't let me camp there.

ostrich in a petting zoo

The two best pictures I was unable to capture in the camera.

I saw an egret standing in the edge of the marsh by Sandusky Bay.

The best was sunset on Lake Erie. The water was a shimmery, iridescent, silver-blue. The sky was a clear solid pink above it. Silhouetted on the water was a freighter going in one direction and a power boat going the other. But you can't slam on the brakes on the interstate and stop for a picture!

It's the great American Road Trip, right? I'm sleeping at a truck stop. That's fine. I just need a place to park, not an experience. Those will begin tomorrow.

See 2020 Interior Tour

1 comment:

Ann said...

Have a fun and safe trip.