Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, July 3, 2020

The Occasional Black Swallowtail

 
It's been two years since I saw a black swallowtail butterfly, and eight years since I got a good picture of one. He was flitting about the yard.

black swallowtail butterfly

I'm not showing you more on the trailer yet. That's not because I didn't work on it. I worked (by pacing myself) all day long, despite the heat. Discovered yet another entryway for water. Made another trip to the store. However, the only thing I finished was to put the third coat of polyurethane on the walls, and that looks an awful lot like the second coat, so you don't need to see that again. Hopefully, tomorrow, I can actually finish something. I also washed a load of bedding, mowed one section of the yard, and popped 20 more autumn olive. Eventually, I'll get them all, I think, Although sometimes it seems like they grow faster than I can work.

Want to place any bets on whether I'll have the trailer ready for a trip by July 20? Haha. I'm trying!

See Black Swallowtail Butterfly

2 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds like you had a busy day.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Butterfly!"
Chaplin: "We love butterflies!"
Charlee: "We could stare at them outside for hours!"
Lulu: "You DO stare at them outside for hours."